Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Planet of APES -2-


Uh here r 2 paragraphs of my current cover letter of which no one would read but will always require, dammit they dont read ur resume to read a cover letter, so what the hell I will write what I want:

"Having a good number of interviews for a good number of reputable companies in my country – EGYPT OUM EL ZEFT EL DONYA - I came to conclude that I was rarely asked during many interviews about what I am willing to offer, what will I be adding, and what are my future plans incase I am given such position. Interviews always focused on my previous knowledge and my current package. With all respect, but for a change I would rather prefer you handing me a piece of paper in which I can present your company brand, personality and identity, how do I see it and what I can do rather than what I already did. I would prefer to state what I perceive as a challenge and how I am willing and capable of meeting it by giving a brief future vision of what I can offer as every business is different and what did succeed before with others might not work for you currently or in the future.
I have demonstrated my strategic ability through successfully launching my current company, previous communications departments, web sites, PR programs, ad campaigns, branding programs, online marketing, internal communication and more. I have consistently contributed my leadership skills in a corporate setting, while managing the creative process, motivating and empowering team members, fine-tuning marketing plans. Time and again, my initiatives have resulted in increased awareness and press coverage, successful advertising campaigns, and winning branding strategies. "

BTW as a conclusion:
If you are with a good decent both academic and professional record they will directly use their "over qualified card",

If you were just stuck in one job for a decade and didnt move to a reasonable number of companies in a reasonable time scale, they will pull the "not challenging spirit of yours card and sure lack of different experiences".

If you did move to a reasonable number of companies during a reasonable time scale, they will pull the "you move alot" card.

If you are wearing a veil they will say "not representable for the position", if you are not and a little bit good looking so it depends on who is interviewing, a guy will flirt, a woman will piss you off.

HR PEOPLE JUST GO TO HELL

No comments:

Post a Comment